The Northern Division within the Darwin office serves the engineering community in the Northern Territory and is led collaboratively by a General Manager and a Division Committee comprising local volunteer members.
Local staff deliver on Engineers Australia’s strategic agenda including:
- Supporting and initiating educational STEM programs and groups, engaging with careers advisors in high schools to broaden discussions around engineering, and shaping policy in the STEM area and, supporting the National Engineering Register.
- Facilitating technical presentations, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) sessions and workshops.
- Policy launch events, engineering heritage endeavours, formally acknowledging / recognising engineers who have served the profession and attained, Chartered, Fellow and EngExec, and recognising and rewarding outstanding local individual engineers and projects through our prestigious Awards Program.
Engineers Australia members benefit from access to world-class CPD and technical resources; career services; the recognition they receive on the National Engineering Register and via Chartered status; valuable networking opportunities; global mobility through our International Accords; entry into our Awards Program; leadership and advocacy opportunities; management and leadership achievements being recognised through the Engineering Executive (EngExec) postnominal; and, access to an exclusive Member Rewards program among other benefits.
Start your membership today and enjoy the benefits of being part of a global engineering community.
Business Development Manager
The functions of a Division Committee are to:
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the Division.
- Liaise with Colleges and technical societies in respect of Engineers Australia’s learned society functions.
- Assist the Board with the delivery of national programs.
- Initiate and support local programs to provide improved services to members in the Division and to appeal to new members .
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board on matters relating to its role within the Division.
- Facilitate communication between Division members and the Board.
- Represent Engineers Australia in public forums and media opportunities.
- Engage in high level consultation with the Division General Manager on the resourcing of Division activities.
- Provide or arrange programs to engage the local community and promote the profession of engineering practice.
The current Northern Division Committee consists of the following members:
Richard McAllister FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Jacinta Kelly MIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
National Congress Representative
Nathan Ting MIEAust CPEng NER
Tim Duignan AFIEAust CEngA EngExec NER IntETn(Aus)
Dr Elisha Harris FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Rob Wolff FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Sam Strohmayr FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Chris Lugg FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Engineers Australia's groups, Colleges and Technical Societies play an integral role in setting the professional standards and providing continuing professional development (CPD) for all members from the full range of engineering occupations and career stages.
As knowledge sharing platforms, these groups provide the opportunity for engineers to give back to, become involved in, and connect with their local engineering community.
Find out more about Engineers Australia's Communities and Groups that includes Colleges, Technical Societies, Special Interest Groups, National Committees Communities of Practice, Awards, Focus Lecture Series, Standards Australia, Publications.
Engineers Australia plays an important role in recognising and celebrating engineering excellence and the contribution engineering makes to our communities. Our Award Programs identify, recognise and reward outstanding achievement, eminence in the practice of engineering and conspicuous service to the profession.
Engineers Australia offers a range of national awards, medals and scholarships, which highlight contributions to various areas of engineering.
Engineers Australia Darwin office would like to thank our sponsor partners. Without the support of these organisations, we would not be able to provide a number of programs and events. These include the Australian Engineering Excellence Awards (AEEA), Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events, Engineering Diversity Scholarship and STEM programs.
We ask all of our members to support those organisations who support them.
- Territory Generation
- Northern Territory Government - DIPL
- Northern Territory Government - Education
- Charles Darwin University
Centrally located in Darwin city, Engineers Australia Northern office has two rooms available for hire:
For any enquiries about our meeting rooms please contact us via 08 8914 1702 or email us.
Below is our list of suggested caterers in Darwin:
9 Cavenagh Street
Darwin NT 0800
GPO Box 417
Darwin NT 0801
Phone and Email
Phone: Toll Free 1300 653 113
Fax: +61 2 6273 1488
Here is how you can contact us http://www.engineersaustralia.or.au/Contact-Us
For specific enquiries relating to division matters, you can contact us at [email protected]
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Should you wish to speak directly with a staff member, please call the toll free number above and ask for them by name.