Make your mark on the engineering profession with a Chartered credential
Earn your status as a Chartered engineer. See your work recognised by your peers and earn your status as a Chartered engineer. As well as the mark of excellence, you'll gain:
- Global recognition: Chartered engineers are recognised throughout the world over for their skills and their professionalism. Chartered is your ticket to global recognition and working abroad.
- Career progression: Looking for a senior or consulting role? By demonstrating your skills with a Chartered credential, you gain a competitive edge and show commitment to the highest professional standards.
- Leadership development: Chartered engineers are peer-assessed against industry-recognised standards. You’ll be benchmarked against the best across 16 key competencies, spanning technical, management and communication skills.
How many years of experience do you have?
Becoming Chartered puts a concrete value to the work you’ve already done, particularly if you’re already an Engineers Australia member and have been a practising engineer for five years or more.
Why wait? You may already have what it takes to be Chartered.
Note: the Chartered assessment process is experiencing a longer lead time than usual, due to a recent surge in applications. We appreciate your patience at this time. If you would like to speak to someone about your application, contact our Member Services team on 1300 653 113.
Your pathway options
Standard Chartered pathway
If you have 5–14 years' experience, you can manage the entire Chartered process online, starting with the self-assessment.
Chartered via Interview pathway
If you have more than 15 years' experience, your pathway to Chartered could be as simple as an interview. Read more about the process.
Chartered information sessions
These information sessions provide an overview of the Chartered process and the application process, followed by an audience Q&A session.
Register for one of the following events or refer to your local event listings for more information:
- Your Graduates perfectly engineered, Thursday 30 September
- Pathways to becoming a registered Engineer, Friday 1 October
- How to become a Chartered Engineer information session, Tuesday 5 October
- Chartered Q&A, Wednesday 6 October
- Becoming Chartered with 15 years of experience, Friday 8 October
- Graduate Chartered, Wednesday 13 October
- How to become a Chartered Engineer information session, Thursday 14 October
- Pathways to becoming a registered Engineer, Friday 15 October
- How to become a Chartered Engineer information session, Wednesday 20 October
- Membership with Engineers Australia - how can you benefit?, Friday 22 October
- Graduate membership, Monday 25 October
- Becoming Chartered with 15 years of experience, Wednesday 27 October
- Your Graduates perfectly engineered, Tuesday 2 November
- How to become a Chartered Engineer information session, Thursday 4 November
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD), Friday 5 November
- Chartered Q&A, Wednesday 10 November
- Engineering Qualification Assessment - Information Session, Friday 12 November