The APEC Engineer Register is an initiative of the Commonwealth Department of Education Science and Training (formerly DETYA) and Engineers Australia, to facilitate employment opportunities for professional engineers in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Registrants on the APEC Engineer Register, Australia are entitled to use the postnominal APEC Engineer and the postnominal IntPE(Aus), which confers similar recognition to APEC Engineers in India, Ireland, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the United Kingdom.
The eligibility criteria for registration on the APEC Engineer Register, Australia are:
- successful completion of an Engineers Australia accredited or recognised undergraduate engineering course
- assessment by Engineers Australia as eligible for independent practice
- a minimum of seven years practical experience since graduation
- at least two years in responsible charge of significant engineering work
- maintenance of continuing professional development at a satisfactory level which is audited every 5 years (Practice Review)
FIEAust CPEng and FIEAust CPEng NER members of Engineers Australia are automatically eligible to apply for registration on the APEC Engineer Register without further assessment. To apply, complete the FIEAust Application form.
MIEAust CPEng and MIEAust CPEng NER members who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply. To apply, complete the MIEAust application form and attach the supporting documents.
More information on the APEC Engineer Register, including the signatories to the agreement, can be found by clicking here.