Engineers Australia created the National Engineering Register (NER) as a platform for you to showcase your talent and experience to prospective employers. By joining, you place yourself in a directory of Australia’s most trusted professionals. Find out more below and join today.
National Engineering Register eligibility
NER applicants need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A recognised qualification*
- Five or more years of relevant full-time equivalent work experience in the last 10 years with at least 4 years of full-time equivalent post graduation experience
- Demonstration of the following five competencies: deal with ethical issues; practice competently; develop safe and sustainable solutions; identify, assess and manage risk; use local engineering knowledge. Please refer to the relevant Stage 2 Competencies in the resource section below.
*Accredited qualification, EA Eligibility for Membership (Stage 1) outcome letter or EA Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) outcome letter.
Apply now via NER Direct
The NER Direct guidelines step you through the assessment process.
Engineers Australia members
Please log in using your current EA ID to complete your online application.
- NER Direct Guidelines (PDF)
- NER Direct Applicant Self Assessment - Engineering Associate (PDF)
- NER Direct Applicant Self Assessment - Engineering Technologist (PDF)
- NER Direct Applicant Self Assessment - Professional Engineer (PDF)
- Stage 2 Competencies - Engineering Associate (PDF)
- Stage 2 Competencies - Engineering Technologist (PDF)
- Stage 2 Competencies - Professional Engineer (PDF)
- CPD Types and Conditions (PDF)
By being registered on the National Engineering Register, you consent to personal information being available to the general public.
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the personal information will include some or all of the following: your name, category, grade and title of membership, in addition to the relevant engineering college and Chartered status.
The register may also include your state or territory, suburb, postcode, professional address (including your phone number if applicable) and email address (if applicable).
Engineers Australia engages third parties to facilitate display of the NER as a ‘digital badge’ and your details may be stored by such third parties for this purpose.
If you do not consent to your personal details being used in this way, telephone Engineers Australia on 1300 653 113 or access myPortal to alter your preferences. You can also choose not to be registered on the NER.
The contents of the National Engineering Register are provided for information purposes only. Engineers Australia makes no statement, representation, or warranty about the accuracy, suitability or completeness of any information contained in this register or which is incorporated into it by reference.
Engineers Australia disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including, without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in any way for any reason.
The information on the National Engineering Register is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the register undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its contents.
Engineers Australia disclaims all liability for any damages arising from your access to or use of any information or part thereof on this register.