Engineers Australia’s corporate governance arrangements support the legal framework in which the organisation operates. The Board’s responsibilities and structure is governed by the 2015 Royal Charter and By-Laws (PDF 633KB).
This framework guides how decisions are made and assists with:
- governance oversight of the Engineers Australia Group consistent with the Royal Charter and By-Laws
- strategic and operational planning
- risk management and compliance
- financial management.
Role of the Board
The Board of Engineers Australia is the organisation’s governing body. Its role is to:
- appoint and monitor the performance of the Chief Executive Officer
- ensure the organisation is complying with its purpose in accordance with the Royal Charter
- consult with National Congress delegates
- implement policies and regulations to ensure best practice governance of the Engineers Australia group
- determine and set strategy in conjunction with the executive team
- monitor performance against the strategic plan
- ensure the organisation is complying with its financial and statutory obligations.
The Board also forms working groups from time to time to assist in specific work associated with the strategic aims of the organisation.
A number of Board subcommittees also operate to ensure efficient governance oversight in specific areas including:
- Audit and Risk Committee
- Governance Committee
- People and Culture Committee
- Board Nominations Committee.
These subcommittees are made up of directors and delegates from National Congress.
Learn about our Board members.
Eminent member committees
Additional committees made up of eminent Engineers Australia members also assist the Board with specific functions. These committees help the Board to set and enforce professional standards across the membership. This ensures the organisation meets its national and international obligations. Current committees are the:
- Professional Standards Committee
- Professional Conduct Committee
- International Advisory Panel.
Engineers Australia publishes an annual report and annual consolidated financial statements each financial year.
Visit the publication library to view our annual report and other publications.
Please contact us if you have any questions about corporate governance.