The College of Leadership and Management exists to represent engineering professionals across all disciplines who are seeking to become managers, or who are already managers.
Our objectives are to:
- Promote leadership and management as a career which builds on the knowledge and experience of engineering disciplines.
- Work with educators and institutions to improve, broaden and strengthen opportunities for accreditation of engineering leaders and managers.
- Promote and extend the reputation of engineering professionals as leaders in the community.
- Advocate for engagement of engineering professionals in the broader issues affecting the community, business, industry and government.
- Promote opportunities for engineering professionals on boards, government reference groups, advisory panels and the like.
- Share the success stories of engineering professionals as leaders and managers.
The College of Leadership and Management also provides an opportunity for qualified members to gain Chartered status in management and leadership in the following areas of practice:
- asset management
- cost engineering
- risk engineering
- systems engineering
- project management.
This credential is in addition to becoming Chartered in a technical area of practice.
The College of Leadership and Management is overseen by a board of elected representatives. Current Board members are:
- Anne Hellstedt FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER – Chair
- Neil Greet FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER – Deputy Chair
- Craig Laslett FIEAust CPEng EngExec – immediate past Chair
- James Hood OAM FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
- Michelle Tan MIEAust CPEng NER
- Natasa Gadzuric FIEAust CPEng EngExec
- Brett Thiele FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
- David Cuickshanks-Boyd HonFIEAust CPEng EngExec NER – corresponding member
We provide a program of continuing professional development (CPD) to help engineers fulfill their leadership potential.
We have branches in every state and territory in Australia that deliver CPD to Engineers Australia members and guests with online and in-person training and events.
Visit our Learning and events page to see a full list of available CPD opportunities.
To join the College of Leadership and Management, login or create an account in the EA member portal. Once you’re logged in, go to the My EA tab and click on the pencil icon next to colleges and click to add or remove. You can have a maximum of three colleges.
Join EA Exchange to read our journals, newsletters and event materials. You can also network with other technical society members on this interactive forum.
Email us or call 1300 653 113 if you have any questions.