The National Committee on Engineering Design (NCED) is a national committee of the Mechanical College Board.
The NCED is mainly focused on the mechanical and mechatronics areas of engineering. The committee exists to promote:
- links between industry and secondary and tertiary learning institutions for the strategic development of design learning and experience in all aspects of engineering design.
- design excellence and awareness through media, publications, conferences and exhibitions.
- product design and design within the broader manufacturing area.
The committee is run by elected representatives. Current members are:
- Michael Lucas FIEAust CPEng NER – Chair
- Tim Riley FIEAust CPEng – immediate past Chair
- Cliff Green FIEAust CPEng MDIA
- Paul van de Loo MIEAust CPEng NER
- Craig Wheeler MIEAust
- Mike von Bertouch MIEAust
- Scott Wordley
Email us or call 1300 653 113 if you have any questions.
Other related groups
- Mechanical College Board
- National Committee of Applied Mechanics
- Warman Design and Build Competition
Engage with us
Join EA Exchange to view all our publications and event materials. You can also network with other technical society members on this interactive forum.