Engineering approaches to uncertainty and risk management help businesses to better understand uncertainties and their risk exposure. This empowers them to proactively manage and mitigate risks. These actions allow businesses to make informed decisions and optimise their investments for maximum value.
The Risk Engineering Society (RES) is a special interest group that provides leadership on the science, technology and philosophy of risk engineering and risk management and its practical application.
Our key objectives are to:
- Promote risk engineering and its values for informed decision making in risk management for commercial, industrial, environmental and infrastructure projects as well as strategic, operational and financial risks and opportunities for businesses.
- Communicate and share lessons learned, knowledge and practical applications of the risk engineering and risk management methodologies and case studies.
- Facilitate more collaboration between members, risk professionals, organisations and other relevant technical associations globally.
- Provide expert advice to industry, the community and the government to promote excellence in the practice of risk engineering and risk management.
- Promote and support education, training and research in all aspects of risk engineering and risk management.
Current national executive members are:
- Pedram Daneshmand FIEAust CPEng NER – President
- Geoff Hurst FIEAust CPEng NER – immediate past President
- David Cox MIEAust CPEng NER – Treasurer
- Dr Kevin Foster FIEAust CPEng NER
- Timothy Rigby MIEAust CPEng NER
- Jeff Jones FIEAust CPEng NER
- Dorothy Saristavros FIEAust CPEng NER
- Peter Flanagan
- Brendyn Williams FIEAust CPEng NER
We have chapters in NSW, Queensland, Victoria and WA in addition to a National Executive Committee. To learn more about RES email or call us on 1300 653 113.
To join RES, login or create an account in the EA member portal. Once you’re logged in, click on the products and services tab then click Join on the Technical Society Membership tile and follow the prompts.
Engage with us
Join EA Exchange to view all RES newsletters, technical guidelines and conference materials. You can also network with other technical society members on this interactive forum.