Over the past few years Genesys Electronics Design has designed and developed a wide range of IoT systems, encompassing deployed sensing & actuator devices, through Personal Area, Local Area and Wide Area networks to the Cloud. These systems collectively use most of the communications, processing and powering technologies that are encountered in IoT systems. They include devices which use WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy communications to link with mobile devices and thence the Internet.
IoT systems which will be used as examples are:
- Security surveillance monitoring
- Surveillance camera support
- Home monitoring for the elderly
- Water resource monitoring
- Mobile device controlled signage
- Medical devices for diagnostics
The communications technologies and powering methods used for each of these systems will be described, including selection methodology and field experience.
Geoff Sizer will share his experience gained in the development, production transfer and field support of these systems. In particular, he will address:
- Cost effective electronics design
- Communications methods and options
- Antennas and RF signal egress
- Enclosures and environmental protection
- Electromagnetic compatibility and radiocommunications compliance
- Communications security
- Establishing volume production
- Deployment and commissioning
Geoff will conclude by describing electronics modules and software that Genesys has developed as an IoT systems development resource, to embody "lessons learned" to allow rapid implementation and deployment of IoT proof-of-concept systems.
Geoff has over 40 years of experience in developing communications systems for a wide range of commercial, industrial and deference applications. This includes systems which are now known as the "Internet of Things", covering many wide area and locally networked sensing and control devices.
Geoff is a practicing Electronics and Software Engineer. He is an EA Fellow, CPEng and immediate past Chair of the ITEE College. He is a founding member of the Applied IoT Engineering Community. Throughout his career, Geoff has retained his passion for hands-on practical engineering.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Technical Society Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Student: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113