An Engineering Education Australia Virtual Workshop:
Get up to 30%* registrations for this course
*Register by 30 June 2022 to receive a 15% discount. Engineers Australia members can use this conjunction with their exclusive membership discount to get a total of 30% off. Enter the following discount code during registration: EOFY15
Please note, this is a self-paced online course. The Event Date and Time information relates to Engineering Education Australia’s End of Financial Year sale period.
About this course
If you work in engineering, project management, contract administration or procurement, you'll often use contracts. Understanding them is vital to prevent costly mistakes.
This is an introductory-level course. It covers:
- the basic elements of contracting
- the nature of binding promises
- the Australian legal system and related law
- the operational aspects of contracts.
After completing this course, you'll:
- understand the law and how it relates to contracts
- be able to interpret contracts at a basic level
- understand how the proper management of contracts assists project delivery.
If you're new to legal studies, this course provides a thorough introduction to contracts. If you've studied or worked in contracts before, it's an excellent refresher.
- Gain a big picture view of the contract lifecycle
- Be able to interpret contracts at a basic level
- Get an overview of how Australian law works
- See what happens during pre-contract negotiations
- Understand contract set-up, layout, elements and principles
- Be aware of related areas of law
- Comprehend how a properly managed contract helps project delivery
- Understand the basics of negotiation and dispute resolution
Is this course for you?
This course suits graduate and junior engineers and related professionals with up to three years of work experience.
It's also valuable for people involved in drafting or delivering projects under a contract, including:
- contract administrators
- contract managers
- finance officers
Engineering Education Australia's Virtual Workshops
A Virtual Workshop is a structured live online classroom-style delivery method for training and professional development. For the optimal online learning experience, Virtual Workshops are interactive and use tools such as break-out rooms for discussions, activities based on practical case studies, and two-way communication.
Please note: To ensure the optimal learning experience, capacity is strictly limited to 16 participants - register early to avoid disappointment.
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700