This is a self-paced online short course. You can register and start the course anytime.
With costs rising, supply chains under stress and intense competition, the construction sector is under pressure to improve.
Across sectors, lean organisations are outperforming their competitors. This thinking brings an enormous opportunity for the construction industry, especially for fast adaptors.
This course, delivered by an experienced engineer and expert in lean thinking, explains how construction businesses can use a lean approach to maximise value for the customer, eliminate waste and create a reliable workflow—a pathway to becoming more innovative and profitable.
Through interactive online content and video material featuring real-world examples, you’ll:
- understand the enormous impact of lean thinking
- recognise what leading companies have achieved with lean practices
- better understand the nature of problems and how to develop effective lean solutions
- identify a conceptual framework to set your organisation on a path of continuous improvement.
This self-paced course is divided into eight modules. It takes approximately eight hours to complete.
By the end of the course you’ll understand how to create stability through robust processes and drive continuous improvement using evidence-based data. You’ll know how to build vitalised and agile supply chains by harnessing the problem-solving potential of everyone in the supply chain.
- Describe the concepts of ‘lean’ and ‘waste’
- Describe the essential attributes of lean tools
- Identify problem types and types of solutions
- Explain the principles and benefits of the Last Planner System®
- Develop basic performance metrics that support lean implementation
Is this course for you?
This course is relevant to anyone involved in construction, particularly leadership. Ideally you would have five years’ experience in design or construction.
- practicing to experienced engineers
- design and project professionals
- allied construction-related roles.
How you’ll learn
This course is delivered through Engineering Education Australia’s digital learning platform, EEA Online.
You'll learn using a mix of practical case studies, quizzes and reading, audio and video materials. You'll also apply your knowledge in practice with a variety of assessment tasks.
It will take approximately eight hours to complete. As it is self-paced, you can start anytime and save your progress as you finish each module.
EEA Online is powered by leading Learning Management System (LMS), Canvas by Instructure. Once you register, you will receive an email from [email protected] inviting you to set up your EEA Online account and providing access to the platform.